Monday, May 28, 2012

Actual Crochet

I like mice. Well, I like fake mice. Well, not rubber mice. Stuffed mice.

And I (sort of) like crocheting.

Two and two make four.
I "followed" a free pattern I found, which actually means loosely based my own "pattern" off of a free pattern I found. I'm very bad at following patterns, especially in crochet. I'm a fairly terrible crocheter. And one of this mouse's ears is bigger than the other. And it looks like a rat. But oh well. It's the first actual thing I've crocheted, that has a shape other than a rectangle.

I used hand spun yarn, and ran out twice, and had to go and spin some more. But it turned out okay in the end. It's actually supposed to have legs, but I didn't know if I had enough extra yarn and I wanted nothing less than to spin more yarn.

The picture on the pattern looked better. But i guess that's what happens when you say, "That step is stupid and unimportant" every other stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo