Saturday, July 28, 2012

Romeo and Juliet - Together (and Alive!) At Last

I would say that the main good thing about this book by Avi is it's funniness. Some parts of it were so amusing that I was unable to speak for several minutes, even though somebody was trying to ask me a question. 

The two names Romeo and Juliet cry out romance from a mile away. They also cry out Shakespeare, but mostly romance. 

So you can imagine quite easily that Romeo and Juliet- Together (and Alive!) At Last is a romance novel. About middle schoolers putting on a play (that takes place mostly in Italian but also in a few other places, as they say in the book) to bring together two of their classmates who are too shy to look at each other. 

It's short- only about 150 pages or less, and easy to read. I was done with it in two days, reading it only at night. I'd give it three out of five stars– three stars for hilarity. 

1 comment:

  1. I got this from the library again, and you were right. It wasn't as funny as I remembered. But maybe I should have had a lot of sugar first.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo