Thursday, October 18, 2012

Flower

When I can't sleep at night, I tend to read a book, or maybe knit. Occasionally I climb down from my bunk bed, get a drink of water, and try again.

Tonight, however, I was struck with the sudden urge to do something I haven't done in years (actually, it's probably only been weeks): Draw with crayons.

Crayons; the strange, waxy little confections that taste fabulous. Just kidding. I don't think I've ever actually eaten a crayon. But I do believe that they occasionally say non toxic on the box. Why would the manufacturers bother with that if the crayons didn't taste good?

So I got out a piece of paper and our big box of broken crayons and set to work. Half an hour later:
Hmmm... is it perhaps a plant that grows only in the rain forests of Monaco? (Are there any rain forests in Monaco?) Maybe it's from Raxacoricofallapatorius and will kill us all if we so much as sniff one of the many colored petals? 

All I know is that my artistic talent certainly blooms (no pun intended) at one in the morning. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo