Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WIP Wednesday

Last night, I stayed up long and late finishing Saroyan. It's blocking now; I'll get pictures up after it's dry. But unfortunately, I have a few other things to finish before I can start something new...

This is my Entrelac Cowl, which is being made out of Knitpicks Biggo in the color way Calypso Heather. I'm about two thirds of the way done, judging by how much yarn I have left. I started this a few days before Christmas, but it didn't get a whole lot of attention because I was also working on Saroyan and a few other things. It's going very quickly as I'm using size 15 needles, and the entrelac is very relaxing and easy but also interesting. 

Another WIP is my Thor scarf, which is coming along nicely. I worked on it a lot last night while watching Holiday Affair, and I'm on the third color already. 
It's not really far enough along to see the stitch pattern, but the colors are definitely starting to remind me of the god of thunder.

Another thing to share is my first sock. I made it in one day using worsted weight yarn and size 7 needles. It's way too big, and I wouldn't waste my time making another one, but it's shown me how easy socks are. 
It's quite uncomfortable to walk in, but had I used a tighter gauge I'm sure it would have made quite a nice slipper sock. I already have plans for a pair of slipper socks. I don't think I'll follow a pattern; I prefer to follow a recipe and add some fancy stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo