Friday, February 1, 2013

Ain't Them Bodies Saints

There are some movies that make you think, I could see that again. Fewer are the ones that make you say, I need to see that again. And every once in a blue moon, there's a film that makes you think, I need to see that movie again right now.

Ain't Them Bodies Saints fits right into the last category.

You might think that my opinion of the movie is biased because my brother made it. But no, I loved this movie and I loved that my brother made something so beautiful. Since I saw it last night, it's happened a few times; I've been thinking, and not really paying attention to what I'm thinking, and then I realize that I'm thinking about Ain't Them Bodies Saints.

The movie takes place in a time before now. It never says exactly when. Mid nineteen seventies I think.  It's very Texan, with all of the characters speaking with Texas accents. It has a very old fashioned quality, and has an intelligence a level above most of the movies that are coming out around now. I think that, if I were to summarize the plot, I could not do it justice. I'll leave that to the more talented.

All I can say is that I can only hope that I could one day create something so amazing and beautiful as David has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo