Thursday, February 7, 2013

Jewelry for Knitting Needles

Stitch markers are an essential tool in knitting. Some people use jump rings, some people use scraps of yarn tied in loops, and some people use these fancy, beaded, dangly markers they buy on Etsy. I personally prefer to just use yarn tied in loops; it doesn't cost anything and it doesn't get in the way of my knitting. But I thought I'd give these dangly things a try. 

I bought beading wire, crimp tubes, and two different kinds of beads at Michael's. I followed the instructions from here. Each one took me about five minutes to make and I don't actually know what it's like to knit with them. But it doesn't matter if I don't like them, because I'm going to give a bunch of them away anyway. 

However, I'll soon find out whether I like them or not. Also at Michael's I bought some super bulky wool that's going to become the face on my Oh My Bear! sweater. I'm using KnitPicks Brava (it's 100% acrylic but at least it's soft) for the main color in the colorway Umber Heather. I actually cast on on February first, but I didn't have the right needle size and my gauge was off, so I had to rip back a bunch today, but now I'm on track with the right needle size and I can't wait to get to the color work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo