Thursday, February 14, 2013

WIP... Thursday?

I realize I'm a little late for Work in Progress Wednesday, and that this project really doesn't qualify for WIPW because I only started it this afternoon. But as I said in my last post, I was unable to write last night, and besides, I didn't have any new WIPs I could share. 

I'm knitting Mr. Fox Stole My Heart & Mini-Fox, by Tiny Owl Knits. I'm making the mini-fox collar, and I doubt I will ever wear it outside of my bedroom because in all likelihood, my sisters would kill me for wearing a fox around my neck. 

But I'm knitting one anyway, and I'm making it with turquoise yarn because he's an arctic fox. Were he real, he would live in Antarctica or Alaska or something and be freezing in his lil' fur coat (I'm using cotton yarn so he really wouldn't be able to keep warm), and so he would be blue. So my color choice is really very practical and realistic. 

I am having an incredible amount of fun with this little guy. I have another 9 inches of straight stockinette stitch before I get to do anything interesting though, so we'll see if I'm still as enthusiastic once I've finished with all that. I'm really looking forward to knitting the head, though. That probably won't be TV knitting. 

Bye for now! I think I'll go watch Merlin or something to ease the boredom of 9 inches of stockinette... 

p.s. So I just realized that I got a Thor valentines day card this morning, and it's Thursday, a.k.a. Thor's Day... I got a Thor valentine's day card on Thor's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo