Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Congratulations!!


"GAAAAAA!" screamed Dimitri suddenly. "I HATE THIS STORY WHY DID I EVEN GO ALONG WITH CASEY'S IDIOTIC PLAN?" 
um... delete that bit. 
That is an excerpt from  my book, The Pandora. The book that I finished last night at about 12:30 am. That is one of the parts that I wrote when I was particularly angry with the book and did not feel like writing it. Sometimes having your characters rant about things you are unhappy about is the best way to get over writer's block.

The book is exactly 45,360 words long- about 170 pages, in non-writer terms. Hardly more than a novella, but I don't think I'll have any problem adding another thirty or forty thousand words to it during the editing process- reading through it today, I've realized that there's a lot of information missing.

I'm proud to have finished my fourth (!) novel, even if they are all only rough drafts. And I'm not going to start any new novels until The Pandora is completely edited. Which means no Nanowrimo this November, of course...


Also, I managed to skip the last two days of KCBW- understandable, considering I was struggling to finish The Pandora- so I apologize, if you were looking forward to those posts. They'll be there next year (probably).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo