Friday, April 12, 2013

FO Friday: Walking Bunnies

I saw a bunny this morning! It was so exciting! Okay, it wasn't that exciting: I've seen bunnies before. But never in the wilderness (sort of not really wilderness- perhaps I should say natural habitat)! I was walking along the trail and suddenly I saw him. He was fluffy and light brown, with a twitchy little bunny nose and big ol' ears. He stared at me for a while and I stared at him. I think he was probably pretty scared of me. But I was fascinated by his adorableness so I stayed behind and looked at him for a few minutes. That, mom, is why I was so far behind on the walk this morning.

I thought I'd bring up the amazing bunny encounter because, right on the Orchids & Fairy Lights pattern it says that it's perfect for *walking your bunny*! So was it coincidence that I ran into a bunny this morning? Yes, probably, but I like to think differently.

Also on my walk I ran into a duck! He was a big fellow, with a very ugly red face but very pretty feathers. He was just waddling along so I walked beside him for a bit. He was very nice and didn't run ahead or anything, though he did look it me quite warily.

I wish I'd gotten pictures of the two of them- never again will I fail to take a camera on a walk!

So I've thus far managed to almost entirely evade discussing today's topic- Orchids & Fairy Lights- but I won't dwell on it for too long. It took me exactly a month to make, which is pretty pitiful when you think about it. But I was only working on it on and off, and it hibernated for a couple of weeks while I finished up some other things. It was a very fun knit, though if/when I knit it again I will be sure to buy a pair of US7 circular needles because working on it with the stitches divided over 4 dpns was really quite difficult. The yarn I used, Manos del Uruguay Maxima, was wonderful and soft. I still have a good bit left, too.

Today's link is FO Friday over at Tami's Amis.

P.S. Happy belated birthday to my brother Ben, one of the best 5 brothers in the world!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo