Saturday, April 6, 2013

I've Been Educated

As I said on Thursday, I went to the DFW Fiber Fest yesterday morning. I'm not one of those people who can spend 3 whole days walking around looking at yarn I don't have enough money to buy, and I was only at the fest for a few hours.

But that was plenty of time for me to make a few well selected purchases.

First was a skein of sock yarn from Western Sky Knits. I almost bought this yarn in the form of wool roving, but then saw that they had the same colorway (Lucy) in yarn form and decided to get that instead.

I love the colors of this yarn so much- I can't wait to knit something with it. But I will wait, I will wait until all of my other WIPs are done.

Of course by then it will be old and dusty and moth-eaten...

Second up was some roving. It's from the same place that I bought the roving for my Holden Shawlette. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's the exact same roving but in a different colorway, which is Sunflower.

I don't know when I'm going to spin this, but when I do I will be on cloud nine.

And my third purchase was a skein of madelinetosh mo light in the colorway Earl Grey, or as I prefer to call it Rivendell.





Doesn't it look like somebody just took the Last Homely House and spun it up? This yarn's resemblance to Rivendell is what made me choose it above all the other yarns in the Madtosh booth.

The fourth and last thing I bought is  a miniskein that I'm not going to bother posting a picture of- you guys all know what miniskeins look like and, while this one certainly is beautiful, it doesn't quite need its own photograph.



I probably enjoyed the fiber fest more than last year, mainly because I know so much more about yarn. I remember last year, feeling all the Madelinetosh yarns, and thinking, this is pretty soft, but I wonder why it's so expensive?

I knew so little back then.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo