Monday, June 3, 2013

Alpaca Goodness

I've been doing a tiny bit of drop-spindling the last couple of days. The fiber I'm using is 100% alpaca from Jacob's Reward Farm, and it is heavenly to work with. I spun about 25 grams of DK-worsted weight yarn, which I will ply when I have spun a bit more. 

I'm doing my best to start spinning for a minimum of 15 minutes a day, which will, hopefully, improve my yarn-making drastically. Not that I'm bad at spinning- I'm perfectly able to make a beautiful skein of yarn, if I do say so myself. But the more I practice, the better I'll get. If I can keep it up, I'll see how this yarn compares to what I've made at the end of June. Will I get better, or am I already as good as I can be? I certainly hope it's not the latter. 

I'm also working away at my socks, and I'm trying to get them done as fast as possible so I can do some more work on the swap I'm doing. 

I'm off to eat lunch and then do some knitting and spinning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo