Friday, August 2, 2013

Another Friday, another FO

KNITTING: Vanilla Socks of my own design
YARN: Knitpicks Stroll Handpainted in the colorway 'County Fair'
I finished my socks! Woo hoo! I only cast off a few hours ago, and already I'm wearing them all around the house. If I were going out today, I'd wear them out too! 

I used one of the super stretchy bind offs out there, I'm not entirely sure which. But I think I did it a bit too loosely and now the socks have a ruffly bit at the top. I considered redoing the bind off, but I didn't, the reasons being that a) I rather liked that girly touch, b) I am an incredibly lazy person and the thought of undoing 60 stitches was too much for me. Now, a few hours later, I'm completely in love with the ruffly edge. 

Now that I've finished these socks, I have two more pairs– gifts –to knit up as quickly as possible. No rest for the weary! (Actually I'm quite looking forward to knitting these socks. I have to say that because the recipients might read this and I wouldn't want them to think I'm suffering for their socks.)

I'm linking up with Tami's Amis today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo