Thursday, August 1, 2013

Pick A Boo: Done!!!

After many stumbles and falls, I am delighted to say that I completed my Dragonfly Wings as part of the Pick A Book KAL. A couple of days after last week's update, I picked up my needles and got through those dreadful Cast On rows in one afternoon, the next day I did the lace section, and finally, on Tuesday I bound off and blocked it.
It blocked out very, very long and quite shallow, but it works beautifully if I wrap the ends around a couple extra times. It's so light and lacy, but as it's 100% wool it's also super warm. This means that I won't be able to wear it for several more months, but it'll be wonderful all throughout fall and winter. Perhaps on Halloween I'll be adventuresome and wear it with black.

As I knit it, I wasn't sure I was going to like the finished result- my tension was slightly uneven and I made a good many mistakes on the increases. But now that it's done, I'm absolutely delighted with it. However, I wish that the lace section was a bit longer and a more central part of the shawl. As it is, when I wear it all I see is orange. While it was a lot of fun, I don't think I'd knit this pattern again. With a month left to the KAL, I'll have to find another pattern to try my luck with! 
I'm linking with Crafts from the Cwtch today. 



6 comments:

  1. This turned out so lovely! Looks great on you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so pretty and, as you know, I love the colour you chose. It will be perfect for autumn.

    I'm feeling the same about mine (not sure I'll like it) and so your post has given me hope that when I pick it up again it will be worth finishing.

    There are other patterns I would have preferred to knit, I think. Now to decide which!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love the color as well :) Hopefully when you do pick it up, you'll be able to get through it quickly and just have it done- it being on the needles for so long could be what's making you dislike it!

      Delete
  3. I love the colour you chose and for Halloween with black it will look awesome. As I've finished mine I'm in the process of getting some more yarn to start another, what do you think shall be your next one ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I love Sweet Dreams and I have the perfect yarn for it, but as it's in a collection I don't know if I'll be able to get it :( I'll find something, though!

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! xoxo