Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Spinning Show & Tell: Finally, some Productivity

In the past few days, I've finally picked up some spinning projects. I haven't done much spinning since the Tour de Fleece, but I think I'm back in gear now.

I have two braids coming from Etsy in the next few days. I'm going to spin one of them to knit a shawlette for my sister, and as she's paying for them I can't afford to make a mistake with the yarn weight I decided to practice spinning a fingering weight on the same fiber I didn't finish spinning a couple of weeks ago. I successfully spun about 15 grams of fiber into and 83 yard mini skein of 2-ply fingering weight, which I promptly knit into a hexipuff.


I also have been working on a second spinning project, this one on the drop spindle. Remember that fiber I dyed a few weeks ago? Well, I found out why it was difficult to spin... Unfortunately, I managed to felt it just slightly when I dyed it, which made it almost impossible to spin- on the wheel, that is. However, on the drop spindle it's much easier. I'm able to draft more slowly, and I'm getting a somewhat consistent and quite fine single. 

I love the colors- there's a lot of red and pink, with splashes of green and grey. It reminds me a lot of the 2012 Doctor Who Christmas Special, The Snowmen, with the red and grey of Clara's outfits and the general greenness of Madam Vastra. I still need a colorway name, though- any suggestions would be welcome! 

That's all the spinning for me this week- I'll have more next week! I'm linking with Crafts from the Cwtch today. 

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! xoxo